The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-12 21:55:51

MiyoLinux

Grub Background fix for Miyo-XTRA-Ascii 2018

With the recent update that introduced the new desktop-base package along with elogind...which introduced shutdown problems (see the fix HERE)...it also changed the background image of the grub screen.

I'm only posting this for anyone who would like to return back to the MiyoLinux grub background. If you're happy with the new Devuan background, then by all means...continue using it. smile In other words, this fix is completely voluntary and isn't necessary. I'll also be posting this on the MiyoLinux wiki on Sourceforge; the elogind fix is already there.

Step 1:  Download the .zip file from Sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … p/download

The .zip file contains a background image and a modified theme.txt file.

Step 2:  After the download has completed, open your file manager, and navigate to the downloaded file...probably your Downloads folder.

Step 3:  Using the "Tools" in the file manager's menu bar, open a terminal in the Downloads folder. When the terminal opens, enter the following command...

sudo unzip Miyo-Ascii-Grub.zip -d /usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/desktop-grub-theme

That command will work whether you have already installed an archive manager or not. It will ask you if you want to replace the two files. Answer y to replace them.

If you prefer to use your archive manager, then feel free to. smile  If you do use an archive manager, you can see where to place the files in the command above.

Step 4:  After that is finished, enter the following command...

sudo update-grub

After the update-grub is finished, you will then have the MiyoLinux grub background back again the next time you reboot.

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2018-02-12 21:56:39)

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2018-02-13 15:38:49

fungus
Website

Re: Grub Background fix for Miyo-XTRA-Ascii 2018

This is good, it is going on all my installations

#3 2018-02-13 16:56:12

MiyoLinux

fungus wrote:

This is good, it is going on all my installations

Thanks fungus. If you would like to have one for each of your individual OSs...with the name of each of your OSs (instead of MiyoLinux), send me an email with each name, and I'll make 'em, .zip 'em, and send you a link to download 'em.

Same look...same font...different name.

...'cause that's how I roll. tongue

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#4 2018-02-13 17:52:18

fungus
Website

No, thank you, I'll keep it miyo.   Grub is usually on one of them, sometimes I may run into trouble and use a different one, but since I've put Devuan (and its derivatives) in the freezer till the act gets together someday, I will use miyo in some other installation.
Void or Obarun probably smile

Board footer