The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-28 03:35:05

inukaze

Simples Dunnos

Hi there i had just a few simple dunnos with Devuan

1 - Why when Devuan is installed the grub don't have background image and show "Debian" instead "Devuan" by default ?

2 - Devuan in the /boot/grub/grub.cfg, the kernel line, use by default root=UUID=<DEVICE_ID> or like Slackware root=/dev/sd<Letter><Number>

3 - Its simple, install and activate Plymouth + Theme ?

4 - i can install and use : mugshot, DockBarX, menulibre,  without too much troubles ?

5 - Why the "Installer ISO" image 64 Bits don't include non-free intel wireless firmware ?

I am migrating to Devuan From Slackware64 14.2 because the point from 2 to 4 its too much dificult
If i put in the Slackware grub configuration boot file

root=UUID=<Device_ID>, its imposible to boot because. during boot the i reciebe the follow message

[end Kernel panic - VFS: Unable to mount root fs unknown-block(0,0)

thing i can't understand because i just changing root=/dev/sda3 to root=UUID=1c07b419-4a08-4326-b4c4-fd9ac9cce46e

and by that i can't boot my Slackware64 14.2 for me that don't have any sense.

or if someone knows a distro like LinuxMint but without systemd. for my netbook client can be much better for migrate to GNU/Linux

Thanks for any help can you gave me smile

#2 2018-02-14 10:48:17

Cheerful Charlie

Re: Simples Dunnos

Try PCLinuxOS.  It has it's root in Mandriva.  No systemd.

#3 2018-02-14 16:21:10

inukaze

Re: Simples Dunnos

Cheerful Charlie wrote:

Try PCLinuxOS.  It has it's root in Mandriva.  No systemd.

i had used before, but i just use like for 6 months, and after i continue searching a distribution better adapt for my necessities, after of that, i had installed Gentoo, and after Gentoo i use "Linux From Scratch", and after "GoboLinux" i love GoboLinux, allow me a better control of versions of each library and application.

Well the lastest version of PCLinuxOS no included by default Xfce. just KDE or Mate, the FullMonty Desktop are discontinued. but is a Great Distribution

Board footer