The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-11 09:07:23

HextorBRX

A few potential bugs to report

Hello

Devuan Jessie 1.0.0

XFCE i386 Full ISO (4.5 Go)

- Epiphany (browser) crashes every time I launch a video on Youtube.
- Chromium does not display the buttons play pause volume etc on videos. It displays squares instead. Same thing on forums such as jeuxvideo.com: instead of smileys, formatting text options (bold underline italic), I can only see squares http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-38-5 … le-log.htm. Also, a few videos cannot be read (I will give more details if necessary). No problem with LXDE.
- The temperature monitor needs tweaking to work properly. No problem with LXDE.

LXDE i386 Full ISO (4.5 Go)

- Epiphany (browser) crashes every time I launch a video on Youtube.
- In PCManFM, the folders view settings cannot be changed. It always goes back to the default view mode: icons. No problem with XFCE.
- Xfburn warning: "An error occurred setting gstreamer up for transcoding" No problem with XFCE.

XFCE and LXDE i386 Full ISO (4.5 Go)

I am prompted to insert the DVD when I install a new package.

Last edited by HextorBRX (2017-10-11 09:40:50)

#2 2017-10-11 10:38:51

FOSSuser

Re: A few potential bugs to report

Comment out the DVD line in your sources list. (Do an update, & maybe an upgrade.)

#3 2017-10-11 11:14:51

fsmithred
Administrator

Are these two separate installations, or do you have both desktops installed in one system? If they are separate, it might be worth comparing the package lists.

Did you install with a mirror or just from the dvd? If you didn't use a mirror, make sure your sources.list has

deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie main

For xfburn, make sure gstreamer0.10-plugins-good is installed.

#4 2017-10-11 13:36:21

fungus
Website

FOSSuser wrote:

Comment out the DVD line in your sources list. (Do an update, & maybe an upgrade.)

/etc/apt/sources.list

Commenting out means you add a # in front of the line.  On the specific one and if you don't plan to reinstall anything without being online you can just delete the whole cd/dvd lines.

I am not saying you don't know this, but someone very new to the devuan/debian system may need this "obvious" detail.
Also with synaptics on menu settings-->repositories-->cd/dvd should be one of the top lines, you can just un-check the ones you don't need.
If you plan to never built-compile packages from source and just trust the binaries available you can comment-out/un-check all the deb-src repositories, as they are redundant and slow your updates down.

#5 2017-10-11 14:40:19

MiyoLinux

HextorBRX wrote:

Hello

LXDE i386 Full ISO (4.5 Go)

- In PCManFM, the folders view settings cannot be changed. It always goes back to the default view mode: icons. No problem with XFCE.

Have you tried the following?

In PCManFM's tool bar,

1. Click Edit
2. In the dropdown list, click Preferences
3. In the window that opens, look at the bottom under Default View and change it to your desired view.
4. Close the window
5. Close PCManFM

...and it should then open with your desired view from now on.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#6 2017-10-11 18:13:58

HextorBRX

You might want to take a look at Epiphany smile I reinstalled Devuan XFCE without the mirrors and it is bug free, except Epiphany. I can watch videos on Youtube when it does not crash but there is no sound, although I adjusted the volume to the maximum.

For the temperature captor/monitor to work: chmod u+s /usr/sbin/hddtemp as root.

Even though we can comment out /etc/apt/sources.list, I thought it was a bug. Thanks for the information by the way.

I never had to edit preferences to change the default view settings, good to know. It seems obvious now.

Edit: there are not as many packages as before without the mirrors, e.g. preload, freemind, freeplane, and XFCE is the only DE available. That's normal, right? Anyways, Freemind and Freeplane were outdated. I usually install them from the sources.

Last edited by HextorBRX (2017-10-11 18:36:24)

#7 2017-10-11 19:09:41

fungus
Website

~/.config/pcmanfm/default there is a conf file you can edit manually.
Hopefully you do have rights to edit your own $HOME/.config/

If you have copied a home folder from another installation (using root) your rights may have been altered, so check them (with pcmanfm you can R-click on /.config/pcmanfm/default  ->properties and see the access.

It had happened to me with LXpanel and drove me crazy for a while smile

Board footer