The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-27 15:15:12

kwettlaufer

Need arm64 headers for 4.6.3 & These forums are really confusing.

Can someone please link me to a version of Devuan that is tar.gz instead of img.xz?????
I need to be able to dictate the size of the boot drive or else I won't be able to upgrade the kernel & if I can't upgrade the kernel then I can't get headers because you guys haven't provided headers for the 4.6.3 kernel that comes with Devuan arm64 for raspberry Pi 3B.
I can't increase the size of the boot drive so then that means I can't upgrade or downgrade the kernel!!! I NEED HEADERS FOR COMPILING DRIVERS!!! I feel like you guys have abandoned developing Devuan ARM64 for the Raspberry Pi 3B.... Otherwise, why wouldn't there be a way to upgrade the kernel??? At least make it so the boot drive is bigger or allow people to make their own size boot drive via a tar.gz!!!

Also, these forums are massively confusing. I kept trying to use the "issues" at the bottom of the list & that got me really confused.

Devuan's ARM64 is my #1 choice for my Raspberry Pi 3B, I've tried Fedora/Raspbian arm32, Sakaki's Gentoo ARM64(comes in 2nd), and Arch arm32/arm64... I don't like Arch! The screen bugs out on it. You guys have made the best arm64 distro so far, it would be nice if I could compile my drivers on it....

#2 2017-09-27 22:32:23

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Need arm64 headers for 4.6.3 & These forums are really confusing.

I don't know anything about arm or pi, but I have to ask: why does it need to be tar.gz? Do you need to install xz-utils to manipulate a file compressed with xz?

'xz -d <file>' to decompress
or
'tar -xvJf <file>' if it's a tar.xz.

#3 2017-10-01 20:09:51

Olle2

Re: Need arm64 headers for 4.6.3 & These forums are really confusing.

Tried https://github.com/bamarni/pi64/releases ?

Beware it is not Devuan! Olle2

Board footer