The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-14 14:05:40

MiyoLinux

Next Release Date?

Hi folks!

Yes, I'm subscribed to Devuan, so I'm looking forward to receiving an email as to when the next release is due (or has been released); however, I'm wondering if anyone can give an indication of a "proposed" date for the next release?

Thank you.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2017-01-14 15:46:47

admin
Administrator

Re: Next Release Date?

The RC is on it's way . . . soon.  Centurion_Dan needs to be cloned! Additional experienced pkg builders would move things along more quickly)

Apologies for posting as admin. -- golinux

#3 2017-01-14 17:48:19

MiyoLinux

Thank you! I wish that I were able to help. Hopefully, help will come soon.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#4 2017-01-16 14:06:56

Vall

Thanks too, admin.

I've been waiting for Devuan to become non-beta so I can install it on customers' (eg, "people paying me money") machines, as they are understandably very wary of having anything labeled as "beta" running on a production server.

I'm completely aware that Devuan Beta works great already, and in fact I'm using it in a number of my own production systems -- but try explaining that to the PHB^H^H^Hcustomer... :-)

Seriously, Devuan *needs* a final, non-beta release so it can move beyond hobbist/enthusiast/personal installations and take the entire world by storm as it should.

Cheers,
--
   Vall.

Last edited by Vall (2017-01-16 14:07:58)

Board footer