The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-27 17:14:57

γραφω λογον

[SOLVED] Suspend on Thinkpad T420

Okay, I give up.

My T420 has a bad case of insomnia or something. I've gotten suspend to work just fine on my X200 tablet that has no DE, just flux,JWM, and Awesome.  There was nothing to do with my T43 that has E17 because suspend worked out of the box.

I either can't remember what I did with the X200 tablet or else I need to do something different with the T420. It has MATE as well as all my favourite window managers that I also have on the X200.

Does anybody here have any ideas? Can you point me in the right direction?

TIA

Last edited by γραφω λογον (2017-07-28 22:38:43)

My English is still a work in progress; no offense was intended.

#2 2017-07-28 15:05:08

greenjeans
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Suspend on Thinkpad T420

I got suspend to work great in both Mate and Openbox, in my case system always had the capability, it was just some programs asking it wrong and others refusing to try.

I installed Obsession, it's just a simple shutdown program for Openbox, but it works great in Mate too, it has a gui but you can also use the cli portion by invoking various obsession-exit commands, I tied them to keyboard shortcuts to make it super easy, so to suspend on my machine I just hit alt+s .

FYI the Mate power manager doesn't do much of anything really, the xfce4 power manager works in any DE and still includes suspend and hibernate functions which the Mate PM does not.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal Devuan-based openbox systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

#3 2017-07-28 22:38:12

γραφω λογον

Re: [SOLVED] Suspend on Thinkpad T420

That works. Much obliged. smile

My English is still a work in progress; no offense was intended.

Board footer