The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-08 09:46:43

bai4Iej2need

[SOLVED] eom called from Thunderbird fails to display svg

I came to this observation because calling eom (eye of mate) from thunderbird does not function any more since latest thunderbird 78.14.0

before I could open graphic views from thunderbird for svg.
From desktop and/or command line eom works as expected.

I had a setting to display a graphics which I receive everyday, an overview of the activities of a server the day before.

Opening thunderbird though the mate desktop and clicking on a picture attachment starts an eom process

ps ax | grep ' eom'
14500 ?        Sl     0:02 eom /tmp/mozilla_$USER/sar07_xxxxxxxxxx.svg

The process starts, the picture exists, but eom does not show a window.
eom survives the end of thunderbird process, so it is detached.

Opening thunderbird though a command line in a mate terminal  and then doing the same ,
clicking on an attached graphics, starts an eom process, the window appears and it is empty.

Clicking Next/ Previous then displays the graphic files in the /tmp/mozilla DIR., also svg

Opening png with eom works from thunderbird
opening pdf with atril works from thunderbird.
It seems, there is room for improvement.
The problem seems to be svg related.

The devil, you know, is better than the angel, you don't know. by a British Citizen, I don't know too good.
One generation abandons the enterprises of another like stranded vessels. By Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN, Economy. Line 236 (Gutenberg text Version)
broken by design :
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … bug=958390

#2 2023-01-08 14:41:41

bai4Iej2need

Re: [SOLVED] eom called from Thunderbird fails to display svg

o wonderous world, wone week it worked

and ever since

The devil, you know, is better than the angel, you don't know. by a British Citizen, I don't know too good.
One generation abandons the enterprises of another like stranded vessels. By Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN, Economy. Line 236 (Gutenberg text Version)
broken by design :
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … bug=958390

Board footer