The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-03-30 15:53:39

JWM-Kit
Website

Re: Announcing JWM Kit Live [updated iso download]

Sorry for the delay in answering. I've be out of town.  The bad news is JWM Kit Live has no wifi tools installed. Not even command line. The good news is this give you the freedom to choose your own wifi solution by simply using the package manager and a wired connection.  I recommend using ConnMan, but you can use whatever suits you.  Just use  Synaptic package manager to find an install it.

You may (or may not) need to install the firmware for your wifi card. Which is also not to complicated.  Just type lspci in the terminal and find the model of your wifi card and a simple search on duckduckgo should help you find what firmware package to install. Once again you can install it with Synaptic.

Hint: There is plenty of discussion on the web regarding wifi tools and firmware for Debian based Distros.

Last edited by JWM-Kit (2021-03-30 15:56:44)

#27 2021-03-30 15:54:54

JWM-Kit
Website

Re: Announcing JWM Kit Live [updated iso download]

I am aware that not providing these wifi tools/firmware in JWM Kit has been a barrier to those with no access wired internet. Just another thing to consider in the future release. Which will happen eventually. I know people want results not words, but I want a release of much greater quality than my first effort.

On another note, I just realize a pretty serious bug in the initial release of JWM Kit Live. It seems the folder ~/.local belongs to root instead of the user.

Issue the following command in the terminal to fix it.
sudo chown -R $USER:$USER ~/.local

Last edited by JWM-Kit (2021-03-30 15:57:30)

Board footer