The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-18 21:21:43

swarfendor437

[SOLVED] UsingAqemu interface to import a .vhd to become an .img how?

Not sure where I am going wrong on this - using the konsole I fall foul of su limitations for creating mnt and vhd directories which I can't access as a user for drag and drop option. I discovered the graphical method - a lot of 'processing' goes on but nothing appears to happen apart from the system losing monitor output when going to sleep then when waking only one monitor showing up. I can identify the .vhd file but not sure:

a. What I should call the new file (*.img?) or where it should be saved/
b. What method I should be using: nbd, nfs, null-aio, null-co, nvme, on, parallels, project, qcow, qcow2 (default), qed, quorum, raw, rbd, replication, report, sheepdog, ssh, the, throttle, to, vdi, vdhx, vmdk, vpc, vvfat.  There's also a 'See' section below the options but nothing shown. Also whether should be compressed.
I am trying to import Windows 7 Pro 32-bit VM that was created in Virtual Box on another Linux OS but not getting very far. The image from VBox has the following files:

*.vbox
*.vbox-prev
*.vhd (the one I use as source for conversion.
1-1.15-linux.vbox
1_1.vdi

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't migrate to Devuan for work purposes until I can get Windows 7 VM up and running as I need to access a mailbox that is secondary to my main one which I have successfully set up on the other Linux OS and also on Devuan - the mailbox relates to work requests that have to be processed which means having to use Outlook 365. I have attempted in the past to export the associated .pst file for said mailbox as a possible work around but no such luck.

Last edited by swarfendor437 (2020-12-18 23:07:17)

#2 2020-12-18 21:35:21

swarfendor437

Re: [SOLVED] UsingAqemu interface to import a .vhd to become an .img how?

Hmmm! Looks like I have managed to create a couple of .img files but when I try to create new VM's and use the .img files Aqemu reports 'no boot device found' - where am I going wrong?

#3 2020-12-18 23:09:12

swarfendor437

Re: [SOLVED] UsingAqemu interface to import a .vhd to become an .img how?

The solution has been mentioned elsewhere, but by trial and error ... virt-manager .... ROCKS! The first time a VM with decent graphics as if running on native hardware - well it is - ditch Virtual Box anyone reading this. Virt Manager is COOOOOOOOL! big_smile

Board footer