The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-11 16:57:43

Copper36

Gnome-schedule

Hi guys,

I used to use this GUI for a pretty long time (before), but I do not find it either in ASCII or Stretch repos (only in oldoldstabes). Do you think it worth trying to install it? Maybe anyone can suggest another GUI for cron jobs?

Than you!

#2 2020-06-11 18:59:01

bgstack15

Re: Gnome-schedule

If you can stomach having the entirety of the kde stack for one program: kde-config-cron. That looks like it's in Ceres, so it's probably in the others too.

And if you're incredibly desperate, you could adapt the npm instructions and run a web application that hooks in to the crontab: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/ho … emote-use/. I have successfully installed npm (again, just on Ceres) for a different application.

Although it would be worth investigating setting up the correct sources.list contents for the jessie repos (is that oldoldstable?) and seeing what all would happen if you tried to install gnome-schedule from it...

This space intentionally left blank.

#3 2020-06-11 19:32:53

Copper36

Thanks bgstack15 :-)

Not really desperate, and I'd choose terminal over KDE stack :-)
The package from oldoldstabe has unresolvable dependencies linked to python, so it does not install. Strangely, this tool is absent even in the relatively recent Ubuntus, which is weird because it does not really have non-KDE alternatives...

#4 2020-06-13 20:23:23

Copper36

As far as I can see, the most recent version is 2.3 (year 2016), which doesn't seem to be that old. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnome- … chedule-2/)
Maybe someone from the Devuan team could take a look at it at tell why it did not make it even into the oldstable Debian repos? This app seemed to work well and there are almost no alternatives around.
If there are no absolutely critical flaws in it and it could be packed, I am willing to offer my (pretty modest) help. I've never made .deb packages, but it might be a good opportunity to learn.

Last edited by Copper36 (2020-06-13 20:23:40)

Board footer