The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-10 14:34:14

figosdev

no ones cleaning spam

im glad theres an off-topic section, but its 99% pharm-scam spammers. they use topics like "im so glad i joined" and "just saying hi!"

edit: sorry, probably shouldve posted this to the "forum" section of the forum.

Last edited by figosdev (2016-12-10 14:35:17)

#2 2016-12-10 14:41:42

catprints

Re: no ones cleaning spam

Actually, it has been cleaned out pretty much daily and I,m sure the issue is being looked at.

"The obstacle is the path."

#3 2016-12-10 14:45:59

figosdev

thats cool. just thought it should be mentioned. im sure its (at least) as frustrating for the admins as it is for us.

i figure i will find out who admins the forum if i peruse the mailing lists for a while. theyre not as busy as they used to be, and the devuan community isnt too big on contact/info, but it can be useful to know whos in charge.

edit: oh, here we go:

the The Dev1Galaxy Admin Collective

*sigh* -- this kind of stuff made sense for the first 6-8 months. debian once had a level of openness (as in community, not source) that truly rivaled what happens with devuan. otherwise, someone might have fixed the dumb installer (d-i) by now.

how many months has devuan had a dvd-sized netinstall image? why dont they take it down, and how many DAYS would it take to put up an image that had a properly configured installer (like all the ones before beta?) after close to 2 years of using devuan, ive already given up on anything but derivatives.

i switched to devuan because i cant recommend something as ridiculous as systemd to real live users. i switched from devuan because i cant recommend a distro that cant be installed like it says on the tin-- and netinstallers are a pain-- at least for me and anyone i know irl.

2 years (feb 2015-dec 2016 is a couple months away from it) is too long to not care about whether people can install "normally" or not. theres just no reason they cant do it-- its just not scheduled.

maybe its time for more criticism to get them to prioritize something other than a perfect build system that never gets put into action when its needed most, like two months ago or right now.

obviously the build system is important-- its what makes devuan work in the first place. but then its not performing its sole function-- making devuan work. are they waiting to release for the year of the linux desktop, or what?

Last edited by figosdev (2016-12-10 15:05:28)

#4 2016-12-10 15:07:25

admin
Administrator

Hey, we've gotta sleep sometime.  Today is the worst it's been since we went live.  They did that just to welcome you figosdev.  smile  Thanks to everyone who reported.

(golinux wearing the spam hammer)

#5 2016-12-10 15:26:43

figosdev

admin wrote:

Hey, we've gotta sleep sometime.  Today is the worst it's been since we went live.  They did that just to welcome you figosdev.  smile  Thanks to everyone who reported.

(golinux wearing the spam hammer)

thank you. feedback is reassuring.

[rant removed by author] OH, okay-- beta2!

that potentially solves a good deal of what the (second) little rant was about.

Last edited by figosdev (2016-12-10 15:34:47)

#6 2016-12-10 15:49:36

admin
Administrator

NP. Was wondering when you'd show up here.  We need to catch up.  Soon . . .

#7 2016-12-11 12:52:51

fsmithred
Administrator

@figosdev
I have evidence that the year of the linux desktop (if you can count netbooks) was 2008. That evidence is in the form of an advertisement for a EEE netbook. The ad featured a bright red balloon with the words, Runs on Linux, as the main selling point. Got a screenshot of that as soon as I saw it.

-fsr

Board footer