The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-01 19:54:21

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

systemE: a lightweight systemd replacement written in Emacs lisp

Thought this might amuse some people here:

Using the tooling in this repo, I am able to boot from linux to sinit as PID1, and from there to Emacs acting as PID2 using --script mode, performing all typical rc.boot system initialization using Emacs lisp until we hit the getty.

https://github.com/a-schaefers/systemE

Brianna Ghey β€” Rest In Power

#2 2020-02-01 23:03:05

yeti

Re: systemE: a lightweight systemd replacement written in Emacs lisp

\o/
It should be written in org/babel/noweb.
;-D

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#3 2020-02-03 05:35:07

ToxicExMachina

Init system: check

Text editor: not yet (again)

#4 2020-02-03 06:28:21

yeti

ToxicExMachina wrote:

Text editor: not yet (again)

The editor is fine!
Especially LP & RR with Org/Babel is fun. \o/

Ok. If I could get the same functionality based on e.g. Python, I wouldn't insist of doing it with a Lisp under the hood.

And unluckily with the De??an packaged Emacs I can neither use the WebKit features, nor Emacs as WM. But I'll get there... sommmmmmmmeday... currenly lots of more urgent things have a higher priority.

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

Board footer