The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-27 19:49:52

Duke Nukem

Re: What games do you play on Devuan??

Kye ( www.kye.me.uk  )  A puzzle game with hundreds of levels (+ design your own). There is a Python version for Linux. This website explains it, but for the Python Kye download, follow link from its Links page.

PRBoom ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/prboom/ ) A port of Doom, with a Linux version

Soma ( https://www.somagame.com/ ) Available for Linux, Mac and Windows

#27 2019-08-29 05:09:17

czeekaj

ToxicExMachina wrote:

A lot of games from Steam via Proton/SteamPlay works fine (even those which doesn't work on windows anymore). The only thing is needed for now is to install recent Mesa and Vulkan drivers. Devuan is a good solution because Devuan Ceres has everything required for that.

This is interesting, considering with Nvidia. the Persistanced daemon is a hard dependency on Nvidia driver. Which does not even seem to work on devuan. Yet in debian it is not a dependency.

Does this have anything to do with systemd?  vulkan doesn't seem to work for me with the nvidia-driver.
I am curious to as why vulkan doesn't initialize on devuan. Others are telling me it will just run when you install the driver

Although, this begs the question if app armour and the modprobe setup on devuan is rather hardened or there is some kind of proprietary dependency or lock down on nvidia's part?  Or the package isn't compiled just right for devuan. The driver works, just anything to do with vulkan does not.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=239926
seems like similar issue. Except caused by the only feature of systemd I like. See post 15

Last edited by czeekaj (2019-08-29 06:10:11)

#28 2019-08-29 07:34:28

yeti

Ogis1975 wrote:

I don't play games at all. It's a pointless waste of time.

:-D
Sometimes I play Rosetta-Code. E.g. the DC level is a lot of endless fun!

"There is no PLANET-B!" — ???
"Vrijdag voor VT100!" — Yeti.
"Stop slavery! Free all mitochondria!" — Yeti.

#29 2019-08-29 08:20:42

ToxicExMachina

czeekaj wrote:
ToxicExMachina wrote:

A lot of games from Steam via Proton/SteamPlay works fine (even those which doesn't work on windows anymore). The only thing is needed for now is to install recent Mesa and Vulkan drivers. Devuan is a good solution because Devuan Ceres has everything required for that.

This is interesting, considering with Nvidia. the Persistanced daemon is a hard dependency on Nvidia driver. Which does not even seem to work on devuan. Yet in debian it is not a dependency.

There are no such problems with AMD Radeon hardware wink

Nvidia is full of bugs and troubles. It has no even fully featured driver.

#30 2019-08-30 10:29:35

masterpeace

I rarely play but maybe a PSX game , using emulation . Works flawlessly .

And mostly i speedrun it . Usually to vent anything unhealthy for my mental health out of my system (boredom , frustration , anger , irritation , and many more dark things) . Otherwise just a warming up for my brain whenever i overslept .

Megaman X5~6 are the best for warming up my brain before i dwell in the work for the rest of the day . Or doing vimtutor speedrun if i get bored . Digimon Digital Card Battle , Monster Rancher Card Battle , Brigandine GE , DMW 1~3 are speedrun with save since i usually played around 10~15 minutes . But sometimes i forgot that they are there (in the external HDD) . Even i just remembered that they exist when i typed this reply .

#31 2019-09-07 01:21:22

keb

Battle for Wesnoth is my all time favourite.
Have a bunch of Steam games acquired on sale, but only had time to play the boldfaced ones:
Rise to Ruins, Age of Wonders III, Crusader Kings II, Sounds of Verity, NeonCode, Democracy 3, Kingdoms and Castles, Oxenfree, Cinderella Phenomenon, Civ:Beyond Earth, Life is Strange, Xenonauts, Tacoma, AI War:Fleet Command, To the Moon, SOMA, Stellaris, This is the Police, Hex Commander, Ortus Regni

#32 2019-10-12 09:45:44

basati

the most comfortable thing is if you use synaptic is to choose game metapackages.

The metapackages are sorted by game types, which guides you a bit about what you want to play.

You have thousands. supertux this death hooks a lot is an 2D game

You try games, the ones you don't like, uninstall them.

Last edited by basati (2019-10-12 10:03:06)

Gora gu ta gutarrok

8=þ

Board footer