The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-20 03:00:39

bgstack15

Any public build services that include a Devuan chroot?

I use Fedora and CentOS on a few systems, and the Fedora copr system is pretty great: they provide free (as in beer) building and hosting of rpms. I am aware of the OpenSUSE build service but have never used it, as I don't use any OSes that it targets with build environments/chroots.

Are there any free build services that provide a Devuan chroot? I am looking for some service to handle really just beowulf/ceres i686 and x86_64. I actually don't use any jessie or ascii.

This space intentionally left blank.

#2 2019-06-20 16:52:24

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Any public build services that include a Devuan chroot?

It should be fine to use the openSUSE Build Service to host Devuan stuff using their Debian VMs, the distributions are binary compatible. It has options for testing/unstable repositories now.

Just be careful about systemd dependencies smile

The OBS supports Fedora & CentOS as well btw.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#3 2019-06-26 00:53:55

bgstack15

Thank you. I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea, but with your recommendation I will proceed.

#4 2019-07-26 14:09:05

bgstack15

Thank you for sharing! I have never used lxd/lxc. I came from a kvm hypervisor space and when containers were shoved at me, I ran docker begrudgingly. I have heard of lxc but thought it was a Ubuntu thing. It's good to see that is is a Debian-level thing as well. Are you aware of any pre-built containers of Devuan Ceres?

Board footer