The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-10 10:50:51

sgtberbatov

WiFi doesn't reconnect after laptop powers on

Hello all!

I've installed Devuan Ascii after many years on Debian, and for the most part I like it. The one issue I'm having with it which is spoiling the experience is that when I close the lid on my laptop I have it set to be suspended/go on stand by. I've always done this, and when I open the lid it comes back on and I can get to work again. However, for whatever reason, doing this on Devuan Ascii means that when I log back in to the laptop it doesn't reconnect to the wifi network that I was last using. I only use the laptop at home, so it's only really my home WiFi that I'm connecting to. It also happens when the laptop's been switched off and I boot in to it cold.

So the question is, how do I configure Devuan to reconnect to the wifi automatically? For the record, I have clicked the "automatically connect to this network" in the network configuration. I'm also using XFCE for my window manager if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

#2 2019-02-14 03:43:47

franko

Re: WiFi doesn't reconnect after laptop powers on

Yeah, I was about to say: "Check 'automatically connect' in Wicd... I don't know, but this works fine on my laptop, and I don't have any idea why would it not on yours. So I am really replying just for bumping your post... XD

If everything else fails, maybe you can try with Network Manager... Does it work in Devuan (i.e. no systemd)? I haven't tried it myself... Not yet, at least.

Last edited by franko (2019-02-14 03:44:09)

#3 2019-02-14 15:40:38

Panopticon

Are you using wicd though OP? You dont mention what your using or methods for wifi connection.

Power management is multi layered so maybe break down your system specs, what are you using for power management etc.

There is probably a config file somewhere you need to edit.

#4 2019-02-14 16:10:57

Panopticon

I dont generally need suspend for my setup but i tried it as i use wicd and wicd disconnects wifi on suspend, but when i resume it takes 10 to 15 seconds for it to re-connect. Im not sure if that is desire behaviour or not?

Im using refracta xfce4 with xfce4 power manager.

Last edited by Panopticon (2019-02-14 16:11:48)

Board footer