The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-02 10:12:24

oui

my snaoshot Devuan Crown 64 bit: testing or ceres? libsystemd0

I  did have last year a valid snapshot from me Devuan Crown 64 bit Ceres (was at the time where Daedalus was testing). And the ugly story with the new kernels did happen.

I did now "convert" it as I do since years. It is about the same as my snapshot Devian Star 32 bit  from the parallel thread.

But nothing to do, the last step is not possible

because somewhat in relation with

libsystemd0 !

at Devuan...

The rest of my snapshot seems to be ok! It would give an image with a size of about 2 GB with comparable stuff but 64 bit, and, over that (not available in 32 bit at all) ANDBOX!

What is to do?

$ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libelogind-compat : Conflicts: libsystemd0
E: Broken package

#2 2024-03-02 11:34:29

nixer

Re: my snaoshot Devuan Crown 64 bit: testing or ceres? libsystemd0

I ran into this problem yesterday while trying to do an upgrade of a ceres install.  This is my daily driver so it gets updated almost daily.  Therefore it was current to within a one to two day period.  When trying to do an apt upgrade I get this:

libelogind-compat : Conflicts: libsystemd0
E: Broken packages

If I try to do an apt dist-upgrade, I get this:

libegl1 : Depends: libegl-mesa0 but it is not going to be installed
libgnutls-dane0 : Depends: libgnutls30 (= 3.8.3-1)
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

There are no held packages.  The command "apt-mark showhold" produces no output, and there are no locked packages in synaptic as I do not use synaptic in ceres.

I know there was a lot of work done in the past to eliminate libsystemd0 from our system and I wonder if something new is trying to pull it back in?

Edit: added the held package information.

Last edited by nixer (2024-03-02 11:37:52)

#3 2024-03-26 19:04:15

samhain

Even if that's a bit late: Purge libelogind-compat and do a dist-upgrade again. You'll find some more gotchas while upgrading to ceres - I just went through that the last days, too.

Last edited by samhain (2024-03-26 19:04:55)

#4 2024-03-26 22:09:04

oui

I did meet a simple answer:

all installations frontend's for Debian are not really equivalent. In  graphic mode, prefer synaptic!

I, myself, I use better apt because you can redirect the apt output to a file and compare it with other days later! I don't know how to redirect and archive the output of synaptic. but synaptic avoid some installations problems.

but I did have today the experience, it can be the opposite also! If synaptic refuses, you can try apt or aptitude...

for synaptic, libsystemd0 seems to be no problem and after the use you never more hear somewhat from this ugly component!

in very tricky situations, dpkg can also help... the problem: you have a lot to learn if you want to use it so...

Board footer