The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-07 02:37:19

MiyoLinux

[MiyoLinux] MiyoLinux and its Association with Refracta

Hi folks!

When I released MiyoLinux, my original thoughts were that if perhaps 50 people somehow...eventually...by some mistake...found MiyoLinux on Sourceforge and tried it, I would have been absolutely amazed by that. I thought that if I liked it, there might be a few people out there who may like it too. I certainly never anticipated that MiyoLinux would become an acknowledged Devuan derivative. I thought that I was releasing a fringe distribution that would go unnoticed. The small amount of publicity that MiyoLinux has received and its acceptance by Devuan are both humbling and overwhelming to me.

Now to the reason for this post...and let me say that I've spoken with fsmithred about this. wink

From what I've gathered from reading various posts on the internet, there seems to be a general consensus that MiyoLinux is a respin of Refracta.

First, I apologize for any confusion about this on my part. I did publicly thank Refracta (and Devuan) when I released MiyoLinux, and that may have led to people's belief that MiyoLinux is a respin of Refracta.

I'm new to developing and still have much to learn. With that said, and to lessen any confusion, these are the basics of how MiyoLinux was built and distributed.

I started with both 32bit and 64bit Devuan netinstalls.
I installed only the base Devuan systems of each...no desktop or anything else.
I then added Openbox and only the software/applications that I wanted included in MiyoLinux.
I then added the Refracta tools needed to make the .isos and the installer.

So, while MiyoLinux does use Refractasnapshot and the Refracta Installer, those are the only parts of Refracta that are used by MiyoLinux. While I'm very thankful to both fsmithred and Refracta, I hope that this possibly clears up any confusion as to whether MiyoLinux is a Refracta respin.

At this point in my development knowledge (or lack thereof), I consider MiyoLinux as a Devuan derivative that is made possible for distribution because of the Refracta tools. I'm always looking to improve and become more knowledgeable. However, as I work on becoming more adept at using Debian Live (with Devuan repos of course), the Refracta tools have made MiyoLinux possible now. wink

If this public acknowledgement makes MiyoLinux look bad for any reason, I just hope that it doesn't reflect badly on the awesomeness that is Devuan and Refracta. smile

...and I'll gladly say it again...

My thanks go out to both Devuan and Refracta. Without them, MiyoLinux wouldn't exist.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

Board footer