The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-01-16 10:09:58

zapper

Re: How is it possible that Java update breaks Trinity DE?

bimon wrote:
Magnus wrote:

As for Trinity, I only used it for a few days. It was when I was using Konqueror to surf that I discovered that Konqueror does not support modern web technologies. Also, I had some general issues with making things work.

Trinity is not about getting support for the newest technologies, it is about stability and a lack of at least a part of modern backdoors managed from invisible BIOS trojans which (backdoors) are most likely present in KDE4 and KDE5. Most likely modern KDEs just allow to manage records via network sockets by RPC calls and that is the problem because trojans have access to network interface while it is not easy for them to interact directly via ABI APIs.

It is like a ban of a person on his own PC ("personal computer"), what to say when someone gets banned in a server managed social network if they can ban even Knotes via IntelME like probes most likely even via communication channel in a power line.

It is a big fake that personal computers are personal since there is sometimes too much undesirable activity of some agencies.

My recordings in Trinity Knotes never disappeared while it happened even in the latest version of KDE4 already using database for notes storage on a modern computer with IntelME probes. After replacing KDE4 by Trinity it did not happen anymore and a few months later I also disabled IntelME mei kernel drivers.

There are many opinions of users who loved KDE3, that KDE5 is just a disaster in terms of which road is chosen for its development.

I didn't know kde was that bad...

Makes me think as bad as gnome has gotten, well its still worse granted, but yeah KDE isn't too good either I guess... hmm

Kind of makes me wonder though... what will KDE do now that qt's code for LTS builds become proprietary...  5.15 LTS builds will no longer be released as free software and QT6 will  be fully proprietary...

That aside, I myself think trinity looks nice, but lately I have taken to i3-wm because of its minimalism. Even Lumina Desktop as nice as that is, is nowhere near as awesome to me as i3-wm.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#27 2021-01-16 10:51:48

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

bimon wrote:

The only problem I get now: Rust 1.41.1+dfsg1-1~deb9u1 is not compatible with my old CPU.

Please open a new thread for this problem, we're waaaaay off topic here already. Thanks.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#28 2021-01-17 04:12:01

zapper

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
bimon wrote:

The only problem I get now: Rust 1.41.1+dfsg1-1~deb9u1 is not compatible with my old CPU.

Please open a new thread for this problem, we're waaaaay off topic here already. Thanks.

Aww... but being off topic is fun!

For instance, let's talk about eating bugs and maggots or about how the plan of google is world domination. tongue

Btw, editing as this is meant to be a joke... smile

Last edited by zapper (2021-01-17 04:15:03)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#29 2021-01-19 05:29:13

bimon

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
bimon wrote:

What is the best method to get a list of packages for a downgrade if I have a list of packages those I would like to keep at backports level?

You could try an emergency downgrade to ASCII then re-install the (limited) packages you want from backports.

The "version collisions" of which you speak are more likely the more backported packages that are installed so trying to install everything you can from backports doesn't make much sense IMO.

Is it possible to apt-mark hold some package at backported level and then do an emergency downgrading?

#30 2021-01-19 16:24:17

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Try it and see. Backup first though.

If you have any more queries about rescuing your broken system then please open a new thread devoted to that topic. Thanks.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

Board footer