The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-20 12:44:16

jobbautista9
Website

Seamonkey 2.53.3 fails to compile

So I was trying to compile ALSA support for Seamonkey, and after like 4 hours of compiling I was greeted with this error:

/usr/bin/g++ -o Unified_cpp_linux0.o -c -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/stl_wrappers -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/system_wrappers -include /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/config/gcc_hidden.h -DNDEBUG=1 -DTRIMMED=1 -DCOMMON_LINUX_GUID_CREATOR_H__=1 -DNO_STABS_SUPPORT -DSTATIC_EXPORTABLE_JS_API -DMOZ_HAS_MOZGLUE -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -DIMPL_LIBXUL -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/include -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/include/nspr -I/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/include/nss -fPIC -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla-config.h -Wall -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpointer-arith
-Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wunreachable-code -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wc++1z-compat -Wduplicated-cond -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=free-nonheap-object -Wformat -Wformat-overflow=2 -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -pthread -pipe -g -freorder-blocks -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-shadow -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-bool-compare -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-implicit-fallthrough -MD -MP -MF .deps/Unified_cpp_linux0.o.pp   /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/Unified_cpp_linux0.cpp
In file included from /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/Unified_cpp_linux0.cpp:38:
/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc:109:12: error: ‘int tgkill(pid_t, pid_t, int)’ was declared ‘exter
’ and later ‘static’ [-fpermissive]
  109 | static int tgkill(pid_t tgid, pid_t tid, int sig) {
      |            ^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:374,
                 from /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/dist/system_wrappers/signal.h:3,
                 from /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/third_party/lss/linux_syscall_support.h:106,
                 from /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/crash_generation/crash_generation_client.cc:40,
                 from /home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/Unified_cpp_linux0.cpp:2:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/signal_ext.h:29:12: note: previous declaration of ‘int tgkill(__pid_t, __pid_t, int)’
   29 | extern int tgkill (__pid_t __tgid, __pid_t __tid, int __signal);
      |            ^~~~~~
make[3]: *** [/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/config/rules.mk:1044: Unified_cpp_linux0.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux'
make[2]: *** [/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/config/recurse.mk:73: toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/target] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3'
make[1]: *** [/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/config/recurse.mk:33: compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3'
make: *** [/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/config/rules.mk:448: default] Error 2

I'm sure I had installed all the required dependencies (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use the configure script in the first place), so I have no idea what causes this error. I disabled PulseAudio and enabled ALSA at the first build, which resulted in this error. Then I removed the --disable-pulseaudio from my mozconfig and only left --enable-alsa, and the same error happens. 8 hours of compiling wasted...

Former maintainer of the iwd package. See #639! smile

You can also find me on the Pale Moon forums. I develop XUL add-ons for Pale Moon.
My PGP public key

#2 2020-08-25 00:35:00

Vernon

Re: Seamonkey 2.53.3 fails to compile

Wow. Didn't  know Seamonkey project was resurected. Haven't compiled Seamonkey in years, Try commenting out the entire tgkill function starting at line line number 109 in

/home/job/Software/seamonkey/seamonkey-2.53.3/mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/breakpad-client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc

and re-compile.

In other words, comment out every line starting at line 109 until you find a } and comment out that line as well.

Last edited by Vernon (2020-08-25 11:27:42)

Board footer