The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#351 2019-04-07 23:50:56

MiyoLinux

Re: [MiyoLinux] New Releases Uploaded

For anyone who might like living on the edge, there is now available...

MiyoLinux-Rolling

Based on ceres. yikes

Video overview here...

https://youtu.be/EnJqLq3RJyI

Available for download here...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … e/Rolling/

Have fun...maybe?

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#352 2019-04-08 01:19:58

ChuangTzu

Great job Miyo, just finished watching your intro to the Arch Annihilator, Gentoo jinxer  smile

Always enjoy the tunes, I thought you were going to put on a green hat at the end LOL.  Keep up the great work!

Ooh, future video request, Devuan/Miyo and music recording/production.  smile

#353 2019-04-08 04:15:37

MiyoLinux

ChuangTzu wrote:

Great job Miyo, just finished watching your intro to the Arch Annihilator, Gentoo jinxer  smile

Always enjoy the tunes, I thought you were going to put on a green hat at the end LOL.  Keep up the great work!

Ooh, future video request, Devuan/Miyo and music recording/production.  smile

Aw man...wish I'd thought of the green hat! You better know I'd have worn it! LOL!

As for my obvious above-average expertise in the production of high-quality music recordings in my videos, it's pretty in-depth stuff...

1. A kid's plastic toy guitar.
2. A homemade guitar pick made from the lid of a Chlorox Disinfecting Wipes container.
3. A cheap Logitech Webcam/Microphone combo (used for recording sound) connected via USB port.
4. Make a video and hope everything is working.
5. Edit it with Openshot.

...and there you have it! tongue

Thanks ChuangTzu! smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#354 2019-07-17 21:27:15

MiyoLinux

For anyone interested, I've made some live .isos that will allow you to manually install beowulf using debootstrap.

From the welcome screen and instructions...

While Deboot-Beowulf does indeed allow you to install Devuan Beowulf before Beowulf is officially released, the main philosophy behind this is to hopefully be a learning tool for those who may want to learn more, experiment, or just try something different.

Be aware, while you can certainly install a fully usable Beowulf system, Beowulf is still considered Devuan's testing release. Therefore, you may experience bugs or breakage. For example, at the time of this writing, PulseAudio is not working in Beowulf; you will have to use Alsa for sound.

The debootstrap instructions will guide you step-by-step in helping you to MANUALLY install a Devuan Beowulf system using debootstrap. The vast majority of commands can simply be copied and pasted into the terminal; however, there are no point-and-click options. When you reach the package installation step, you will need to know what packages you want to install and what the package names are called. If you're unsure about this, please read over the debootstrap instructions to see if you're willing to proceed.

The guide assumes that the user has a knowledgeable understanding of...

a) partitioning a hard drive
b) manually installing the packages needed for a working desktop (an example for installing LXQt is provided in the instructions)
c) where to install grub
d) how to use ncurses windows

While UEFI can be made to work in Beowulf, due to its current state, Deboot-Beowulf .isos are only available as BIOS versions. They are available as x86_64 and i686-pae.

A beta-version installation video can be viewed at the following link. Be aware, it's a full installation video and is over an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVP5GNi6NM

The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

The .isos are available here...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miyoli … bootstrap/

Have fun! smile

#355 2019-08-06 06:07:39

stanz

Ya know, they say...don't debootstrap alone - yikes
So I you-get`d your tube video, played it on one laptop - while deboot`ing on the other..
Painless, Simple, and an awesome learning experiance!
Thx Miyo!

I noticed some of your iso's on a i2p torrent site...`case someone visits those kinda places wink

miyoisomix.i2p

#356 2019-08-06 10:15:04

MiyoLinux

stanz wrote:

Ya know, they say...don't debootstrap alone - yikes
So I you-get`d your tube video, played it on one laptop - while deboot`ing on the other..
Painless, Simple, and an awesome learning experiance!
Thx Miyo!

I noticed some of your iso's on a i2p torrent site...`case someone visits those kinda places wink

you-get'd...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! That's classic! smile

I'm glad to hear that, because the video's instructions differ slightly from the finished instructions on the .iso. Thank you stanz! big_smile

#357 2019-08-06 14:51:41

catprints

Lol,fun video and a learning opportunity.(for me at least) My dear departed Father would tell a particularly stupid joke and follow with the
words "Laugh or I'll tell it again!". I find it a necessity to laugh at my own jokes.

"The obstacle is the path."

#358 2019-08-07 06:29:51

MiyoLinux

catprints wrote:

Lol,fun video and a learning opportunity.(for me at least) My dear departed Father would tell a particularly stupid joke and follow with the
words "Laugh or I'll tell it again!". I find it a necessity to laugh at my own jokes.

smile

Thanks catprints. Sounds like your dad was a great man. Take care!

Board footer