The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-18 19:18:11

keos

Real.video/yandex/not supported in this browser?

It is happening now again with yandex, i'm not able to see any video on Real.video. There is no problem with youtube.

This video is either unavailable or not supported in this browser
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

Technical details :

The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

Session ID: 2018-08-18:e2ad78df35702a9eabb0e282 Player Element ID:player

Last edited by keos (2018-08-18 19:20:44)

devuan_ascii_2.0.0-rc_amd64_desktop-live.iso  [Xfce]

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G integrated graphics
GPU: AMD/ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

#2 2018-08-19 19:49:10

fanderal

Re: Real.video/yandex/not supported in this browser?

By the time I saw your previous thread about real.video, it was solved. I had the same problem, same errors, and solved it. I don't know what you did, then, to fix it, but here's what I did. Maybe it'll help?

After finding nothing recent or relevant from searching, I renamed the browser's dot directory in /home to dot old. Using the newly created default settings, and without any plugins or extensions, I got sound and video at the real.video site. That told me the problem was local.

I deleted the newly created default directory and went back to the original. I figured NoScript was the culprit and found the same as fsmithred... a ton of sites all wanting to 'help' me watch a video. By trial/error I eventually found the 2 or 3 sites I needed to allow so the videos would work. My security settings caused the real.video problem.

I went to yandex and their videos showed mostly from youtube, with some from dailymotion. The problem was XSS... cross site scripting is required. As a test, I disabled NoScript and the videos worked. A suggestion... go to hooktube (or youtube) and search 'yandex' for their videos.

FWIW, I'm using Pale Moon.

#3 2018-08-21 14:34:18

keos

Re: Real.video/yandex/not supported in this browser?

I did nothing!. And i was trying for days ... till one day, it was working. An update (?) i don't know what happened.

-- no, i never tried to run yandex with all that extensions (NoScript, Adblock, wherever ...) for obvious reasons, as you explained.

Thanks.

*Someone else from another forum found a kid of "solution" to this problem: hooktube!.

Last edited by keos (2018-08-23 12:09:24)

devuan_ascii_2.0.0-rc_amd64_desktop-live.iso  [Xfce]

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G integrated graphics
GPU: AMD/ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7640G]

Board footer