The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-08-10 21:46:21

davidb
Website

Re: exegnulinux

Greetings!  I've just recently stumbled upon ExeGNULinux (and Devuan for that matter) and really liked what I've been seeing these past couple of weeks.  I've been using Q4OS for about six years now and what makes it a great OS for me, I see reflected in Exe and Devuan.  The dev teams have done a real nice job with this distro.

I hope it's okay with the community here, I've just posted a review of my experiences with Exe on by blog, HERE, if anyone is interested in giving it a read.  However, as you reading this are most likely a Devuan user already, my review will be preaching to the choir.

Last edited by davidb (2020-08-10 21:49:47)

#27 2021-10-13 20:11:19

davidb
Website

It's been over a year since I switched my main OS over to Exe GNU/Linux.  If anyone is interested, here's my "Year In Review" running Exe.  For the record, I'm running a fully updated i386 Exe (ascii) install with TDE 14.0.10.

#28 2021-10-14 07:03:41

andyprough

davidb wrote:

It's been over a year since I switched my main OS over to Exe GNU/Linux.  If anyone is interested, here's my "Year In Review" running Exe.  For the record, I'm running a fully updated i386 Exe (ascii) install with TDE 14.0.10.

That was a good read, your experience was much like mine. I was using KDE on SuSE/openSUSE for 19-20 years, and in recent years I found myself longing for the good old days of KDE 3.x. I found exe gnu linux in about 2019 and fell in love with it. The day I tried exe gnu for the first time was the last day for me on openSUSE.

#29 2021-10-14 13:45:48

davidb
Website

andyprough wrote:

That was a good read, your experience was much like mine. I was using KDE on SuSE/openSUSE for 19-20 years, and in recent years I found myself longing for the good old days of KDE 3.x. I found exe gnu linux in about 2019 and fell in love with it. The day I tried exe gnu for the first time was the last day for me on openSUSE.

Thanks, Andy!  I definitely feel the same way about KDE 3.x and (what turned in to) Trinity.  It's certainly the DE that works best for me and Exe seems to have the perfect implementation of it.  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog post!

Board footer