The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-03-06 11:59:14

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Devuan 2.0 ASCII Beta is here!

@Panopticon:
Yes, with no root account, you would use the sudo equivalent. I don't think you need the -i.

#52 2018-03-07 16:48:01

yeti

fsmithred wrote:

If I select a language at the login screen and then login, I don't get that language.

Same here.

fsmithred wrote:

If I then reboot and login, I might get the language I selected last time, whether or not I selected a language this time.

Yes! Interesting! After reboot I really got en_GB instead of de_DE! I didn't try it over reboot before...

fsmithred wrote:

LXDM, on the other hand, seems to work just fine.

I want LightDM because of  VNC (and maybe XDMCP somewhen).

(I don't remember to have got an email signalling your message... sorry... hence the late reply.)

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#53 2018-04-11 07:30:32

boycottsystemd

Hello, thank you all for ASCII Beta.

Unfortunately, after upgrading from Devuan Jessie to ASCII Beta, I can't save adobe flash player archive fle into directory which name consists of russian national character:

The file could not be saved because you do not have the proper permissions.  Choose another save directory.

I'm using Firefox ESR, Palemon, LXDE.

ls command in LXTerminal, XTerm can't display these national character of that folder name but shows that I should have  proper permission.

Does anyone know please how to fix it ?

#54 2018-04-11 09:05:05

mckaygerhard
Website

itΒΏs not rare to me this problem .. seems Devuan unlike Debian have very problems in environment with multilanguajes, by example my keyboard are always english no  matter what i choose.. i have setup rusian and spanish and have lot of problems

so since those, i only use devuan for servers, here devuan are very good.. but for desktops : no way

#55 2018-04-11 12:32:35

msi

@boycottsystemd: You may want to repost your problem in Hardware & System Configuration.

#56 2018-04-11 12:46:24

fsmithred
Administrator

@boycottsystemd: you might have better luck with rxvt-unicode terminal. Have you tried saving the file after booting into Russian language and keyboard? You can do that by adding the following to the linux line in the boot command.

locales=ru_RU.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=ru

#57 2018-04-13 08:31:39

boycottsystemd

mckaygerhard wrote:

itΒΏs not rare to me this problem .. seems Devuan unlike Debian have very problems in environment with multilanguajes, by example my keyboard are always english no  matter what i choose.. i have setup rusian and spanish and have lot of problems

so since those, i only use devuan for servers, here devuan are very good.. but for desktops : no way

There is a lot of work to do in Devuan and I understand that localization (less used languages) has lower priority.

Board footer