The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-07 03:06:29

Ron

Some ASCII love

I've been playing around with Ascii all day, installing all the apps I use and testing things. I have to say that Ascii runs just as good on my computer as Jessie does. And it looks better too. Good work. How close is Ascii to being considered a stable version? To me it seems like it already is. smile

#2 2018-05-07 04:09:28

golinux
Administrator

Re: Some ASCII love

Ron wrote:

I've been playing around with Ascii all day, installing all the apps I use and testing things. I have to say that Ascii runs just as good on my computer as Jessie does. And it looks better too.

This report makes me very happy.  big_smile  The team has worked long and hard.  I am also delighted that you like the darkpurpy theming.  I don't think that anyone will be expecting where Beowulf will be going.  Here's a very preliminary sneak peek.  LOLOL!

Good work. How close is Ascii to being considered a stable version? To me it seems like it already is. smile

The RC should be out in days.  We're working on the announcement, building the isos and preparing for the servers to be hammered.  If no major issues pop up in the RC, stable could be here really soon.

One note for whoever reads this.   The name of the minor planet for which Devuan 2.0 is named is actually ASCII - all in caps.  We've all gotten a little sloppy about that but you'll notice the correct font case used in the website revisions and also the announcement.

#3 2018-05-07 19:57:23

MiyoLinux

I deleted my previous comment, because I'm so stupid that I didn't notice what thread it was located in.

Still...HOORAY! tongue

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#4 2018-05-07 20:47:28

golinux
Administrator

MiyoLinux wrote:

I deleted my previous comment, because I'm so stupid that I didn't notice what thread it was located in.

Still...HOORAY! tongue

It wasn't this thread when you wrote it.  wink  I split it off from your thread.  Too bad it's gone.  It was amusing . . .

#5 2018-05-07 22:07:36

MiyoLinux

Oh dear...DOH!

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#6 2018-05-08 03:30:51

Ozi
Website

golinux wrote:
Ron wrote:

I've been playing around with Ascii all day, installing all the apps I use and testing things. I have to say that Ascii runs just as good on my computer as Jessie does. And it looks better too.

This report makes me very happy.  big_smile  The team has worked long and hard.  I am also delighted that you like the darkpurpy theming.  I don't think that anyone will be expecting where Beowulf will be going.  Here's a very preliminary sneak peek.  LOLOL!

Good work. How close is Ascii to being considered a stable version? To me it seems like it already is. smile

The RC should be out in days.  We're working on the announcement, building the isos and preparing for the servers to be hammered.  If no major issues pop up in the RC, stable could be here really soon.

One note for whoever reads this.   The name of the minor planet for which Devuan 2.0 is named is actually ASCII - all in caps.  We've all gotten a little sloppy about that but you'll notice the correct font case used in the website revisions and also the announcement.

Is the darkpurpy theme a similar to post sunset on BEOWULF?

#7 2018-05-08 04:02:32

golinux
Administrator

Ozi wrote:

Is the darkpurpy theme a similar to post sunset on BEOWULF?

I don't quite understand the question so I'll just drops links here to screenies of the darkpurpy theme from grub to slim to the desktop and maybe that will answer it.  If it doesn't, please try again:
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/grub-final.png
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_ascii.png
https://dev1galaxy.org/files/ascii_desktop.png

#8 2018-05-08 11:18:48

Andre4freedom

To golinux and all:
Please let me re-post this:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=8912#p8912
I can only say: thank you and congratulations! ASCII is the way for me to go.

#9 2018-05-08 20:54:03

Ron

I just wanted to post this as a follow up:  ASCII runs so great, that I've deleted Jessie and am running ASCII full-time.

#10 2018-05-09 00:20:06

sgage

Ron wrote:

I just wanted to post this as a follow up:  ASCII runs so great, that I've deleted Jessie and am running ASCII full-time.

I've been running ASCII full-time since last October. I had used it a lot for months before that, but a bunch of things got sorted out and it became my daily driver. There have been a few bumps on the road, but all resolved themselves fairly quickly.

So when I see people asking 'when will ASCII be released', I'm always a bit surprised, because it's been my daily driver for months!

Last edited by sgage (2018-05-09 00:20:56)

Board footer