The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-02 08:29:47

FOSSuser

Youtube & Firefox problem (again), not specifically Devuan.

Yesterday I went to watch a video on YT, & found that they had changed the interface again, which resulted in me not being able to comment on videos.
I found, from conversation on another forum, that I could revert to the old interface, I eventually found it, & it did indeed give me the old interface where I could post a comment, however there was no sound, so now I can't hear them!

Later on, I found that I have no sound in Firefox. So, I'm guessing that YT did some thing to FF.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

#2 2017-09-02 09:16:05

Somewhat Reticent

Re: Youtube & Firefox problem (again), not specifically Devuan.

Did you update from an older version?
I remember at one recent version change Mozilla decided to "require" pulseaudio - and so apulse was born, to fake it, sort of.
How did you revert to the older interface? (Got a link?)

#3 2017-09-02 14:16:48

golinux
Administrator

Somewhat Reticent wrote:

Did you update from an older version?
I remember at one recent version change Mozilla decided to "require" pulseaudio - and so apulse was born, to fake it, sort of.

IIRC apulse was originally conceived to fix skype audio but now adapted to firefox.

#4 2017-09-02 15:39:46

FOSSuser

No one seems to know what went wrong, so I re installed my old O/S (AntiX) to my 'damaged' machine, & set everything up again, so I'm over this particular episode of YT tantrum. smile

#5 2017-09-02 18:25:39

fungus
Website

For all it is worth I see yt in qupzilla, midori, and most of the times with older videos smtube/smplayer works well too.
I was really surprised with midori playing them well.  No pulse-ation, only alsa-tion.

Board footer