The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-29 19:40:35

thezeit

Your Rant Has Been Rendered...

So... when I initially appeared here... golinux had mentioned a rant would be fun to read.

I did you one better. A 40+ minute video scathing the Pwnering and friends.

"Pwnering" is a trademarked pirated portmanteau of "Pwn" and "Poettering".

Warning! Mansplaining ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkFNMEk0xn8

Critical Note: Don't rebut me too hard in front of the normies. Deflating my enormous ego is counterproductive to the mission.

#2 2018-09-29 22:01:59

sgage

Re: Your Rant Has Been Rendered...

thezeit wrote:

So... when I initially appeared here... golinux had mentioned a rant would be fun to read.

I did you one better. A 40+ minute video scathing the Pwnering and friends.

"Pwnering" is a trademarked pirated portmanteau of "Pwn" and "Poettering".

Warning! Mansplaining ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkFNMEk0xn8

Critical Note: Don't rebut me too hard in front of the normies. Deflating my enormous ego is counterproductive to the mission.

Just finished viewing your video - don't know whether to laugh or cry, but there were some droll moments for sure :-)  I think maybe I'll just go back to reading books and writing letters and stuff. I'm an older gentleman - I remember how to do this.

Loved the outro music...

#3 2018-10-03 18:09:33

thezeit

sgage wrote:

I think maybe I'll just go back to reading books and writing letters and stuff. I'm an older gentleman - I remember how to do this.

As I started contemplating writing letters by hand... it occurred to me that I don't fully recall which way the loops are suppose to go with certain cursive letters. We should put this thought experiment out of our minds before I draw a crowd of people that might point and laugh at my horrible penmanship. smile

#4 2018-10-04 03:46:10

Webtyro

Just finished watching first time. Will watch again in a moment or two. BRAVO!
Excellent vid and was fun to watch. Good enough that this post should be pinned to the top.
Running Devuan and OpenBSD only. Lucky enough my main machine and Laptop kindly loaded OpenBSD smoothly.
Devuan running on others very well. Red Pill the normies, lol, how many red pills are out there. Damn, I have taken
at least 30 by now. If I keep waking up to reality I will never sleep again. Nice job, and on point.
Systemd writing was on the wall for awhile, so many people never read the signs.

Default Deny

#5 2018-10-17 01:47:05

thezeit

If I keep waking up to reality I will never sleep again. Nice job, and on point.

Ha! Love it. And thanks.

I just found out today that sysvinit is on the skids in Buster:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=2419

I think the normies are going to need a reminder that this is coming for all their mobile devices. It's going to be a situation of: The open source stuff is so bad it might as well be closed source.

#6 2018-10-30 05:47:32

Webtyro

"IBM acquires Red Hat in 'largest software acquisition ever' for $34 billion"
The plot thickens, this is going to be ugly.
May need to make popcorn run soon.

Default Deny

Board footer