The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-11 21:22:46

SolidTrump

How do I install Mono on Wine?

How do I install Mono on Wine?

Hello everyone. I don't really know too much about Wine and I need help installing Mono on to it to run .NET applications. Could I get some assistance?

core@open:~/Downloads/aceofspades$ wine Injecter.exe 
wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications.

The WIneHQ wasn't of much help and a lot of their pages tend to not be reliable anyway, like their page on Fallout New Vegas. They game that game platinum status but it runs like shit. And it isn't even the fact you are running it on Linux because higher end computers even have trouble running it sometimes on both Windows and Linux platforms! But that's besides the point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. smile

#2 2018-09-18 11:47:22

Debuser2018

Re: How do I install Mono on Wine?

Mono is .NET ported to work with UNIX systems (BSDs, Linux). Why would one want to install mono with wine? Install mono from the Devuan repository. Are you trying to install some Windows platform based games?

#3 2018-09-19 04:06:19

SolidTrump

Re: How do I install Mono on Wine?

Debuser2018 wrote:

Mono is .NET ported to work with UNIX systems (BSDs, Linux). Why would one want to install mono with wine? Install mono from the Devuan repository. Are you trying to install some Windows platform based games?

Yes I am. There is this one program I am using to edit a windows game. But the program requires Mono for some reason.

Board footer